Friday, May 04, 2007

My Big Sis


In 24 hours my sister will no longer be Hannah Watts. She'll be Mrs Hannah Gordon.
I'm so excited by this but at the same time it doesn't all seem real.
I'm ready for the wedding. I've had my hair cut and my skin tanned. I've had body hair removed and been wrapped in gel and bandages. I've had my nails extended and feet scrubbed. I've got my dress and shoes and jewellery. The orders of service are ready, the menus are printed, the place cards are being written. It's all happening but somehow I can't get it into my head that my big sister, my best friend, is getting married tomorrow.
I'm excited. I am excited because weddings are fun and I love a big party. I am excited because my sister is going to look beautiful. I'm excited because I get a pretty dress and have my hair done. I'm excited because my sister has found someone to share her life with, someone who completes her and makes her happy. I'm excited because I get to have a brother, someone to look out for me (he's already started by giving Hannah the third degree about the guy I'm seeing!).
I don't think it'll seem real until we're outside the church. But it'll be good.

1 comment:

God, Love, Life and Rugby said...

hope it was good, even if it was emotional?
Thank you for everything, I could not have done it without you!
Big Sis x