Monday, October 09, 2006

I am a Domestic Goddess


Yesterday afternoon I suprised myself. I did something which I never thought I would do.

Yesterday afternoon, instead of retreating to my bed to nurse my hangover by eating bacon sandwiches, chocolate and drinking vats of tea, I made soup.

That's right. Soup.

I never really understood the point of soup. The bizarre hybrid of drink and food always facinated yet confused me. I thought soup was what old people ate or sick people. It never quite seemed enough.

I have been proved wrong.

I made Spicy Carrot soup. It's a Weight Watchers recipe so it only has one point in it and it's REALLY nice.

I've just had it for lunch with a nice crusty roll and some low-fat crisps and I am now sitting at my desk feeling particularly smug. None of this package sandwich from Tescos or even some limp breaded product passing off as a homemade version wrapped in cling film for me. I am now a domestic culinery goddess with my homemade soup and crusty roll! Ooh, maybe I should learn how to make crusty rolls and then there'll be no stopping me.

Slap a pinny on me and call me Delia. Nigella Lawson can kiss my big fat left one!

1 comment:

God, Love, Life and Rugby said...

GET YOU!
I'm having a bad food day. exacerbated by the fact the report I am trying to write is driving me nuts and also I cannot get warm.